On 25th Aug 2020, Hearts for Hue in association with Phu Gia’s People Committee to organize a workshop between community stakeholders with the participation of local management board of Phu Gia’s People Committee, Hearts for Hue, representatives of beneficiaries from all villages and management board of Phu Gia Self-Help club (Hereafter “ the Chicken Club”). The main purposes of the workshop are:
– Orienting the development of Chicken raising program in Phu Gia sustainably through
the Chicken Club Model.
– Developing the activities of the Chicken Club in order to turn the Chicken Club
becoming a cooperative. All participants agreed with activities of three key periods that the Chicken Club need to follow to develop Club’s operation in particular and chicken raising job in general:
– The producing inputs: The quality of chicks, chicken foods, vaccination and veterinary medicine must be good and the costs are affordable.
– The producing management: The raising technique must ensure biological safety. The chicken coops must provide stocking density of chicken to ensure the suitable temperature for chicken during both summer and winter. Chickens should be feed with the correct amount of chicken foods. The most important thing is that producing plan has to meet consumption market. For example, the club has to make sure the amount of 100 chickens should be ready to be sale every day.
– Product consumption: Increasing the ability to access the market by opening a
showroom, promote products through social networks, media channels. Label design and product declaration should be registered. The slaughter area and packaging equipment have to be arranged.
With the remarkable results achieved, Hearts for Hue would like to express our deep gratitude to the ROTARY Foundation, the Phu Gia’s Commune People Committee for your support of this project.
Hearts for Hue.