With the support and collaboration of the Wisconsin – Madison University, Hearts For Hue organized a range of activities are as follow:
– Building garden beds to plant vegetable
– Teaching English and soft skills for local children
– Training on hygiene including how to wash hands, how to brush teeth and how to keep good health.
– Establishing people to people relations with Vietnam
– To provide a wide range of services in collaboration with government and non-government organization
– Improve infrastructure for the kindergarten
– Support children in acquiring English language and enhance awareness of hygiene
– Encourage children to involve in growing the fresh and safe vegetables
Wisconson University Project
With the aim of establishing people to people relations with Vietnam and to providing a wide range of services in collaboration with government and non-government organizations, the Wisconsin – Madison University in collaboration with Hearts For Hue organized for the students to volunteer in Hue through the Vietnam Health Project.
From 2016,2017, 2018 the volunteers together with Hearts For Hue staff, teachers and local volunteers offered their services in the areas that they were needed, at Nang Hong, Tay Xuan and Huong chu Kindergartens Hue city, Vietnam by building fresh gardens. The volunteers experienced activities that they haven’t done before such as mixing cement, laying bricks, planting seeds. While the construction team was doing their work, another team provided a range of English lessons and hygiene training for children. The lessons contained information on how to wash hands, how to brush teeth properly, how to keep good health.
As a result, new fresh gardens was built completely after 5 hard working days. It will enable the teachers to grown many kinds of vegetables and to provide nutritious, fresh and safe food for the children. Moreover, the children can learn about growing the vegetables and eating healthily.
Hearts For Hue would like to say thank you to Mr Fred Grimm (Dove Fund) who connected the Wisconsin’s students to Hearts For Hue, all volunteers, kindergarten staff and local volunteers who made project a success.