According to the Ministry of Education and Training, all of the kindergarten’s condition will be considered to reach National Standard every five years. The evaluation criteria for each level are based on the school’s facilities and teaching quality. In order to reach the National Standard Level 1, the kindergarten has to complete these criteria:
- Completing the main gate and four perimeters of fences
- Providing sufficient rooms and functional rooms for children
- Completing courtyard and garden
- Having qualified teachers
As completing the main gate and four perimeters of fences is one of the most important criteria, Hearts For Hue in collaboration with SMU to organize volunteering programs to assist the kindergarten reach a National Standard Level 1.
On 14th July 2020, the Hoa Mi 2 Kindergarten was very pleased to achieve a National Standard level 1 which recognized by Quang Dien Department of Education and Training. To achieve this result, there was a great contribution from Singaporeans Volunteers from Project Phoniksa and Project Beyond Boundaries (Singapore Management University) who assisted to improve the school facilities by building two perimeter of fences and main gate in 2017 and 2018.
After completing the Level 1, there are a range of benefits that the kindergarten can gain from the government to reach Level 2 such as:
- Providing more training sessions to boost the quality of teaching
- Providing more fund to complete higher level functional rooms such as IT room and English room
- Equipping more toys and educational facilities
Currently, there are five kindergartens with the support of SMU students has gained a National Standard level 1. We hope more and more kindergartens will get this standard in the near future.
Hearts For Hue Team.