Within the framework of the project “ IMPROVEMENT OF THE HANDWASHING STATIONS AND PERSONAL HYGIENE PRACTICES FOR SCHOOLS IN HUONG TRA” which was sponsored by the PiCCA(AUS). Recently, Hearts for Hue in collaboration with Primary Schools in Huong Tra Town, delivered training sessions on “Personal hygienic practices for students and how to prevent the spread of infectious disease, especially Covid 19” for local students.
10 days training courses for 1.000 pupils will take place in the 10 primary schools (100 pupils/ school). The training was under the guidance of PhD. Dr. Dao Nguyen Dieu Trang (from Hue University of Medical and Pharmacy) and the local teachers who were involved in the Training on Trainers course in September 2021.
In the training, Mrs. Trang and the local teachers delivered a range of practical knowledge about:
– How to prevent the spread of infectious disease, especially Covid 19 (recognize symptoms and how to prevent)
– How to take care of yourself and Covid Patients at home
– Follow handwashing steps using the WHO technique
– The rules and guidance for facemasks (how to put on and remove facemask)
– Follow the 5K rules issued by Vietnam’s Ministry of Health
The school management board will keep continuing to propagate to the rest of the students about the program with the aim of increasing awareness of personal hygiene and Covid19 response and prevention for pupils and teachers in the schooling environment and in the community.
Hearts for Hue would like to thank PiCCA for your tremendous contribution to the local schools in Hue, Vietnam.